- For decades conventional medical practitioners have relied upon crude and primitive treatment for cancer: surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. Therapies that are generally dangerous, toxic, largely ineffective, and highly profitable. For oncologists and dermatologists, the only professionals who can legally treat cancer, any deviation from established cancer therapeutic intervention invites ostracism, litigation and loss of license.
Since the "war on cancer" in 1971, America has spent over 2 trillion dollars in their "war on cancer." It is a "war not won." Incredibly, in most cases, you have no better chance of being cured today than in 1975!
Two tests to be aware of that are not yet part of conventional cancer screening yet merit consideration include:
- The AMAS cancer blood test to identify the presence of cancer long before symptoms show. The belief being that early detection allows better therapeutic response. For more information: www.amascancertest.com
- Breast thermography combines advanced digital technology with ultra-sensitive infrared camera imaging to create a significant advance in the safe and early screening for breast cancer over conventional mammography testing. Advantages include: Safe, easy, and pain free. No radiation exposure. No compression of breast tissue. Detects changes in breast tissue that accompany the smallest of tumors. Differentiates between fibrocystic breast disease and tumors
IV. How real (organic) food can help prevent cancer.
- Protect and repair DNA (our genetic blue print for on-going health) so that cancer can’t begin.
- Optimize the functioning of our immune system to identify tumor cells and destroy them.
- Prevent, slow down, and reverse unregulated growth and metastasis.
- Reduce malnutrition and many other complications of cancer such as anorexia, wasting, pain in joints, and depression.
- Remove toxins from the body including heavy metals.
- Enhance the chances for complete remission by changing the underlying conditions that brought about the cancer initially.
V. Anti-cancer Food
The following is a list of specific foods possessing an array of cancer fighting phytochemicals*.
apple, orange, tangerine, kiwi, cantaloupe, mango, papaya, strawberry, peach, avocado, tomato, grape, berries (raspberry, blackberry, etc.), pomegranate
artichoke, radish, beets, cilantro, carrot, dark green leafy vegetables i.e. spinach, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, sweet potato, sprouts, onions, garlic, okra, celery, parsley, alfalfa sprouts, caraway and dill seeds
brown rice, millet, barley, quinoa, amaranth, whole oats, sprouted (non-flower) bread
walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts,
cashews, sunflower seeds,
raw organic tahini, Flaxseed oil, Hemp oil
chickpeas, lentils, lima beans,
mung bean sprouts
and green tea
*Phytochemicals include Allium compounds, Allyl sulfides, Anthocyanins, Caffeic acid, Catechins, Cox-2 Inhibitors, Dithiolthiones, Ellagic acid, Ferulic acid, Flavanoids, Glucosinolates, Indoles, Isoflavones, Isothiocyanates, Lignans, Liminoids, Lycopene, Lutein, Pectins, Perillyl alcohol, Phenolic acid, Phytoesterols, Polyacetylenes, Polyphenols, Protease inhibitors, Quinones, Reservatrol, Saponins, Sulphorophane, Sterols, Terpenes.
VI. Juice for Life
Use organic produce only, and if you don’t own a juicer I recommend the Omega 8003 Juicer. The following recipe makes about 3 cups of beverage.
Carrot: 5 large ones
Celery: 2 stalks
Cabbage: ¼-1/3 cup
Kale: 2 leaves
Tomato: one medium size
Pineapple or Papaya: 1/2 cup
Berries: 1/3- ½ cup (blueberries,
blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)
Ginger: about ½ inch across and ½ inch
thick chunk of ginger root
Add to this juice:
1 heaping tbs. rice or
hemp protein powder
1 tsp. Flax oil or Hemp oil
This drink provides one meal’s worth of delicious high quality protein, fat and carbohydrates. It provides a wealth of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and anti-tumor compounds. It reduces inflammation in the body and nourishes the digestive tract. It supplies essential nutrients for the liver to rid the body of heavy metals and other toxins reducing the risk for a host of chronic ailments. It provides a nutritive source of energy, and requires no digestive assistance from the body: it has within it all the ingredients to self-digest.
VII. Cancer Concerns Reading Guide
The world wide nuclear industry continues to pose an immediate and protracted threat to all life forms. Dr. Helen Caldicott is an Australian physician who has dedicated her life to addressing the ever present nuclear environmental crisis. Her recent book ‘Nuclear Power is Not the Answer’ is a timely must read to prevent the energy czars from turning Al Gore’s global warming warning into a mandate to expand the nuclear industry.
Modern agricultural practices have decimated commercial soil over the last 6 decades leading to nutrient deficient chemical laden produce. It is my belief that these practices have significantly increased the risk of and lowered our ability to recover from cancer. Organic farming offers a solution. Michael Ableman’s book: On Good Land: The Autobiography of an Urban Farm provides a great read on this topic.
Genetically Modified food (GM) presents unpredictable risks for human health, with new information surfacing that GM foods are “quite dangerous and should never have been approved”. Jeffrey Smith presents clear and practical steps to address this issue. You can learn more about his efforts and how you can help from his best selling book; Seeds of Deception. His website is: www.seedsofdeception.com
The Cancer Industry, Unraveling the Politics by Dr. Ralph Moss. An exploration of the controversial politics, economics and restrictions of cancer research in this country.
Cancer Therapy: The Independent Consumer's Guide to Non-Toxic Treatment & Prevention by Dr. Moss (not a highly technical book, yet good review of a wide range of alternatives)
Beating Cancer with Nutrition by Dr. Patrick Quillin offers a nutritional approach and rationale for cancer care.
The Oil Protein Diet Cookbook by Dr. Johanna Budwig
Breast Cancer by Steve Austin, ND. Well written book focused on the decision making and approach that he and his wife took when she was diagnosed with cancer.
Cancer Doesn't Scare Me Anymore, video by Dr. Lorraine Day. Political aspects of cancer care, alternative suggestions and encouragement. To order call: 1-800-574-2437
Cancer and Natural Medicine by John Boik and Natural Compounds in Cancer Therapy. These are two well researched scholarly texts addressing cancer research on herbs, mushrooms and supplements.
Cancer as a Turning Point, by Lawrence Leshan. Good user-friendly psychotherapeutic approach to cancer in regard to personal growth and healing.
Questioning Chemotherapy by Dr. Ralph Moss, an excellent account of chemotherapy treatment shortcomings.
VIII. Treatment Centers
www.CancerCenter.com. Cancer Treatment Centers of America offer combination conventional and naturopathic treatment for cancer intervention. www.Dr-Gonzalez.com. Dr. Gonzalez is an oncologist in New York using natural therapies to treat cancer. www.Gerson.org. Gerson Institute a San Diego based natural treatment center.
Treatment Referral Services
‘People Against Cancer' 1-515-972-4444
Healing Retreat Center
Union, Washington. Contact Harmony Hill at
Scary Movie: Super Size Me
More on Naturopathic Doctors
Website for the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians. A good reference resource for anything related to Naturopathic Doctors. http://naturopathic.org
For more information on any of these topics or questions please contact North County Naturopathic Health Care, Dr. Jon Dunn. Phone: 760-632-1665
Jon Dunn, ND